Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Live well and fish box

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Allen31525
Vessel Info: 1996 19ft 190ccf well craft center console

Live well and fish box

Postby Allen31525 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:07 pm

I have a1996 190ccf center console, I just purchased boat and owner said everything worked. But I can't get water to pump into live well. I don't hear anything running when I got my head inside of fish box. I know it empty by gravity but I can't find the live well pump to check it out. The so called fish box keeps water in it. May be couple of gallons or 3. Is there a drain in the box that might be stopped up and if so where does the water run out too.
There is no switch on dash for maceration pump there is a live well switch.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: Live well and fish box

Postby CptBill » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:54 pm

The fish boxes use a macerator pump to drain, find the drain hoses then fallow them to the pump. The pump for the live well is usually the same as the wash down pump with a "Y" valve on it most of the time there near the stern and there should be a seacock on it
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
Allen31525

Postby Allen31525 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:19 pm

:-D thanks will check it out

Topic author
Allen31525

Postby Allen31525 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:40 pm

Is the Y valve the actual live well pump? The fish box that I can tell has no drain still has murky water in it. Run broom down in it thinking it might clear maybe some sort of drain. Water just sits there. I did flush out all hull drains but one and it's under the gas cap and deck supper smaller hole than rest. I tried a pressure hose for a couple of minutes water went in but did not come back out. And no water in bilge area. Whare did the water go to?

Topic author
Allen31525

Postby Allen31525 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:41 pm

I've owned all sorts of bass boats but this salt water boat has me stumped.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:57 pm

Wellcraft built a good boat but I think the factory had a game call hide the components. Nothing is easy to get to or find. If you have a live well and a washdown most of the time they used the same pump The "Y" valve could be manual or switch automatically depending on the switch you turned on, If It's a fish box it should have a fairly large drain hole and have a macerator pump to drain it, some boats just have a storage box with no drains(great idea, lets put a box low in the boat with no way to get the water out) I f your going to use it as a fish box then I would put in some way to drain it. MAKE SURE THAT THE SMALL HOLE YOUR PUTTING WATER IN IS NOT THE FUEL TANK VENT
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

DillyDally
Vessel Info: 2005 Wellcraft 252 Coastal in South Carolina

Postby DillyDally » Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:28 pm

Wish somebody would take some pictures of this stuff... use Google Drive or something to store them so we can share pics.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”