Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2004 Wellcraft 24 Walkabout - Drainage Issue

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
bwonder
Vessel Info: 2004 Wellcraft 240 Walkabout (Coastal?) WELANA03E304 Powered with 225 BF Honda 4-stroke

2004 Wellcraft 24 Walkabout - Drainage Issue

Postby bwonder » Fri May 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Folks-
I am hoping someone may add some insight into an issue I am having with this boat. The boat has chases throughout the hull that allow water to drain from bow to stern, finally terminating in the back of the boat in the rear compartment where there is bilge pump. The last two chase in the stern on either side appear to run about 2 feet in length and then take a sharp 90 degree turn to empty into the bilge area. The chase on the starboard side is clogged and barely accessible at the top of the opening to it under the boat. (Rather blown away at the engineering of these tubes (diameter of the tube is only half available for h20 to enter as the other half is fiber glassed into the boat), and lack of access hatches/panels as a whole to the bilge throughout the boat ..what a poor design.. Wellcraft!)

I have tried running pressurized water, and a wire snake from both ends and it stops somewhere in between with out being able pass completely through. This is causing water to back up in the hull on the right side, making the boat "liss" to starboard when at rest and adding weight the vessel. Let alone .. could cause serious issues with winter and freezing.

Question... Does anyone know if this back drainage chase has a "backflow" valve of sorts, which not allow me to snake something through it? I need to fix this drainage and am looking for solutions. Thanks for your ideas. Chris 207-632-0562

Brian m
Vessel Info: 03 wellcraft coastal tournament edition

Re: 2004 Wellcraft 24 Walkabout - Drainage Issue

Postby Brian m » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:31 pm

Ever figure out how to correct this?

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: 2004 Wellcraft 24 Walkabout - Drainage Issue

Postby Billm » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Home Depot sells a TV inspection camera on a 3’ snake for $100. You might be able to push it up the pipe to see what you are dealing with and how to fix it.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”