Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

In line fuel filter

Engine, transmission, I/O, OB and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author
Wess
Vessel Info: 2002 Martinique 3300

In line fuel filter

Postby Wess » Wed May 20, 2020 1:13 pm

I have an 02 Martinique 3300 with 8.1 horizons powering it. I have been told there is an in line fuel filter besides the water separating filter. I have called Mercruiser and they have verified the engines came with an inline filter. I cannot find the location of the filter. If you look at the parts schematic, it shows the filter but not where it goes. I have followed the gas lines from the tank and have not found it. Looked all the way to the fuel rail on the engine itself. Thanks for any help in advance.

Topic author
Wess

Re: In line fuel filter

Postby Wess » Thu May 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Well, I found out it was up to the manufacturer of the boat to put the inline filter in, Wellcraft didn't. Now I must figure out what is going on with the engine, it runs fine idle, wake speed, when I try to get on plane it, the rpms drop and the engine surges. I guess I will have to put a pressure gauge on the fuel rail and see what's happening.
Last edited by Wess on Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Wess

Postby Wess » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:35 pm

I took out my injectors and rebuilt them, engines run fine now. I love answering my own posts. Also had another problem, pressure sensor off of raw water pump, replaced that. When it goes bad, it will not you get up over 1500 rpms.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Well at lest you got the problem solved and the rest of us learned something :up:
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

pkataras
Vessel Info: Grew up boating on Lake Michigan. Looking for our own first boat. Have my eye on upper 25-30ft cabin cruisers.

Postby pkataras » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:34 pm

Thanks for the posts. Glad you were able to figure it out and thanks for sharing. I just purchased a 3000 Martinique and will keep this in mind if I come across it.

Return to “Engines, Transmissions & Drives”