Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

kicker motor mounting

Engine, transmission, I/O, OB and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author
jkbuck
Vessel Info: 2022 242 Fisherman 300 Verado

kicker motor mounting

Postby jkbuck » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:28 am

I just purchased a new 2022 242 Fisherman and want to add a 9.9 pro kicker. My question is has anyone put a kicker motor on and if so how far apart are the centerlines of the main motor and the kicker? I have a 300 verado xl for a main motor. I will also be installing a garmin reactor 40 autopilot on the kicker.

Haapala
Vessel Info: 2004 Sea Ray 260 Sundancer
Length: 26 ft
Beam: 8 ft 6 in
Draft: 3 ft
Fuel Capacity: 75 Gal
Engine: MerCruiser 350 MAG MPI
Horsepower: 300 hp

Re: kicker motor mounting

Postby Haapala » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:16 pm

Congratulations on your new boat! The centerlines of the main motor and the kicker motor can vary depending on your particular setup, but they should be between 12-18 inches apart. If you're installing a Garmin Reactor 40 Autopilot, you'll need to make sure you have the necessary cables and connections to power it. You may also need to purchase an additional mount for the kicker motor. Good luck with your installation!

Return to “Engines, Transmissions & Drives”