Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

trying to hook up a netural switch to a hei dist

Engine, transmission, I/O, OB and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author
lance2667
Vessel Info: 1979 welcraft 25.5 suncruiser with flybridgecraft

trying to hook up a netural switch to a hei dist

Postby lance2667 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:37 pm

hello i just purchased a 1979 wellcraft 25.5 suncruiser with flybridge motor was just replaced before purchased problem i have is the netural switch is not hooked up the motor has a hei dist instead of points runs great but canot shift into reverse without shuting down the motor any help

jono
Vessel Info: 1979 NOVA 250 XL

Re: trying to hook up a netural switch to a hei dist

Postby jono » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:37 pm

On some models, when shifting gear a rocker switch thingy cuts the ignition for a split second to facilitate a smooth change. Perhaps this is not set right.
1979 NOVA 250 XL
ME - 1 x 454

wufibugs
Vessel Info: 1989 Wellcraft 170

Re: trying to hook up a netural switch to a hei dist

Postby wufibugs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:23 pm

You undoubtedly have a v8 in your boat, but here is a diagram of the "shift interrupter" wired to an HEI module distributor in a 4 cyl. motor. If you look at my post in electrical you will find a couple of diagrams showing two possible module pins to which the interrupter wire should go. I remain hopeful that someone with vast knowledge of the HEI module will resolve it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Engines, Transmissions & Drives”