Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Help! will not shift into Forward or Reverse

Engine, transmission, I/O, OB and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author
dvmmatt
Vessel Info: 1995 Wellcraft Eclipse

Help! will not shift into Forward or Reverse

Postby dvmmatt » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi all, I took my Wellcraft Eclipse 210 out today. Put boat in the water, started engine and it would not go into reverse or forward. It did have some issues a week ago due to a starter failure. The engine runs fine just won't shift. You can't get the shifter to go into reverse at all. It is hard to get it in forward but the shifter will go.
Took boat home, started it with the water muffs on and when you put in forward. the prop will just barely spin. With engine turned off and boat in gear, the prop is free spinning. Any Ideas??

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: Help! will not shift into Forward or Reverse

Postby goodday » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Pull your out drive off, doesn't sound like shifting at all, u joints prob need greased anyways if not off last cpl yrs, , alpha needs to be in forward gear though to pull off, bravo neutral , if it's cable need off anyways

Return to “Engines, Transmissions & Drives”