Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Mercruiser 5.7 EFI goes into alarm in 5 seconds

Engine, transmission, I/O, OB and generator repair and maintenance discussion forum.

Topic author
bjt0307
Vessel Info: 1998 3000 Martinique

Mercruiser 5.7 EFI goes into alarm in 5 seconds

Postby bjt0307 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:39 am

I have a 1998 Wellcraft 3000. It was summarized earlier this year by the marina and ran great when bringing boat to slip back in May of this year. After it sat for a month at slip I started engine with a turn of the key and after 5 seconds a high pitch alarm went off. The gauges looked good electric, oil, temp. Engine turns over and sounds good until alarm goers off within 5 seconds. Over the winter I did have the a little oil leaking on the out drive so it was taken apart by marina and resealed. With no alarm light lit on dash I don't no where to go. I have had alarms go off before and this alarm appears to be coming from behind the dash and not the little black circle on the front of the dash. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!! The engine is a 5.7 EFI with digital ignition.

Thanks
Bill

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: Mercruiser 5.7 EFI goes into alarm in 5 seconds

Postby goodday » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 pm

Ck outdr oil , unplug sender on container, see if thats it, warning is for oil pres. Water temp, and outdr oil, only

Return to “Engines, Transmissions & Drives”