Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

marine battery

Discussion of radars, GPS, autopilots, fish finders, stereos and TV's. Also iPad and other mobile navigation devices.

Topic author
ynsemr
Vessel Info: 1989 wellcraft st tropez

marine battery

Postby ynsemr » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:21 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a new boater and recently acquired an 89 Wellcraft St Tropez. It has three batteries on board - one cranking battery rated at 1000/800/135 and two Walleye-1 batteries rated at 1000/800/120. Unfortunately, one of the Walleye-1 batteries has died and I haven't been able to find a replacement of the same type. My question is, can I substitute it with a Walleye starting battery rated at 1000/800/120? Thanks in advance for any help

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: marine battery

Postby Billm » Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:46 am

Any basic marine deep cycle battery that will fit in your battery box will work just fine. The deep cycles will also crank your engines too. No need to spend tons of money on exotic batteries.

Topic author
ynsemr
Vessel Info: 1989 wellcraft st tropez

Re: marine battery

Postby ynsemr » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:56 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Electronics & Navigation”