Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2007 Wellcraft Sportsman 220 Fishboxes won't drain

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
dsandwich
Vessel Info: 2007 Wellcraft Sportsman 220

2007 Wellcraft Sportsman 220 Fishboxes won't drain

Postby dsandwich » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:42 pm

Hello,
I have a 2007 Wellcraft Sportsman 220 with fish boxes on each side near the stern of the boat. They are full and clogged and won't drain. Just wondering if anyone is familiar with this boat. I am a new boater and I've read that that may be a pump to fix this, but I assumed they would just drain out of a scupper valve on either side of the boat. Maybe I'm wrong. Just looking for some guidance, please. I haven't run in to anyone else who owns a 2002-2007 Sportsman 220. Apparently, we are a rare breed... and maybe we just have bad taste. I'm not sure.
Thanks in advance.

WBO Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2007 Wellcraft Sportsman 220 Fishboxes won't drain

Postby WBO Admin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:51 am

It could be that they are discharged via a macerator pump.

Topic author
dsandwich

Postby dsandwich » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:17 am

Just a quick photo of what I'm referring to. Thanks for the link to the manual. Didn't find anything about a macerator but manual says "Fishbox pump" on one of the switch schematics. I'll see if my console has the same toggle switches. Thank you. To be continued...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
dsandwich

Postby dsandwich » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:14 pm

WBO Admin, thanks for your reply. I found the the fishbox switch, the fishbox switch circuit breaker, and the macerator pump. I turned on the switch, but the circuit breaker popped almost immediately. I was able to manually turn the macerator with a flat blade screwdriver on the bolt on the end of the pump, to free up some debris. After that, the circuit breaker stayed on, which allowed me to use the macerator pump for 30 runs. I didn't want to cook the pump so I did 30 seconds on, 2 minutes off. Worked very well. Thanks again for your guidance. That manual helped a ton. Take care.

Tom C
Vessel Info: Wellcraft 2005 220 Sportsman

Postby Tom C » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,
I think I have a problem with the same drainage system. I just bought a 2005 sportman 220. The previous owner disconnected the pump that connects to the drains at the bottom the livewell and fishboxes and left 2 disconnected hoses. If I put water in the fish boxes water comes out one of the disconnected hoses ending near the bilge pump. They plugged the transom thru hull drain so the water will not come in the boat from the disconnected hoses. The livewell drain on the bottom of the livewell does not drain because of plug. I can see were the pump was installed, the mounting hardware is sill there. One disconnected hose comes right to the mounting hardware. The other disconnected hose ends near the bilge pump. I need to figure out what kind of pump to buy and figure out why one of the disconnected hoses ends near the bilge pump rather that near the missing pump? Can you take some pictures? of plumbing and pump connections so I can figure out how to back to original set up. I will need to remove the plug in the transom thru hull.
Thank you,
Tom C
:help:

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:35 pm

If I'm not mistaken that is a macerator pump for the fish boxes, the drain for the live well should just be a through hull and the live well pump should be the same one that operates the wash down, dumb set up but there you have it. me fish box pump is bad and needs replaced but I'm still debating if I'm just going to cut the fish boxes out or not
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Tom C

Postby Tom C » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:40 am

Thank you for your reply. Yes I think it is a macerator pump for the fish boxes. I do not know why the Livewell thru hull drain would have a plug in it? Where would the macerator pump for the fish boxes exit the boat?

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:47 am

not sure on your boat but on mine it's at the starboard stern quarter, as far as the live well goes there should be a tube that plugs into the bottom and when the water level reaches the top of the tube it drains down the tube and out, that's how you control the water level
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Tom C

Postby Tom C » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:12 pm

Thank you

macman
Vessel Info: 2002 Wellcraft 24' walkaround 200HP Evinrude

Postby macman » Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:48 pm

I just bought a 2002 24' walkaround. Same problem with boxes. Cant find a switch for macerator on dash or inside. Found a hand pump on board and figured this was the previous owner was using. Anyone know where switches ( and the pump for that matter) should be ? Thanks ..

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”