Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

233 eclipse air/sun hatch

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
whitty74
Vessel Info: 1990 233 eclipse

233 eclipse air/sun hatch

Postby whitty74 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:43 am

Hi, my name is dave im an english man living in sweden, i have a 1990 233 eclipse and the deck hatch is broken, does anyone know if i can buy an aftermarket hatch please?

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: 233 eclipse air/sun hatch

Postby Billm » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:29 pm

Can you give us a picture of the hatch? Wellcraft used many standard parts made by manufacturers of boating accessories back then that are still readily available. Do you see the name of a manufacturer on the hatch? It may a Bomar hatch which would have that name on the adjusting handles. There are many boating supply companies here in the States that may have what you are looking for. Also provide the size of the opening.

Topic author
whitty74

Postby whitty74 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:24 am

Hi thanks for the reply, i got one manufactured in the UK and sent to me. Thanks again

Rip Lead
Vessel Info: 1991 Scarab Sportster

Postby Rip Lead » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi. I am also English, living in South Devon. I have a broken hatch on my 1991 Scarab Sportster and was wondering if anyone could help me locate a supplier of parts for older/classic Scarabs. Thanks. Tim

Topic author
whitty74

Postby whitty74 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:38 am

Hi the hatch i ordered did not work due to the curve, i did not see the name and the only Picture i have is of it closed or open, its a nightmare trying to find something
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:18 pm

I assume you are talking about the acrylic hatch. It is of unusual design in that it is curved to follow the contour of the deck and the frame is integrated into the deck. They must have been custom made at Wellcraft. I think your only option is to have one fabricated. There is a company located near me in Whitman, Massachusetts, called Palco Plastics that makes replacement boat windshields. Look at their website and see what you think. I will be at a boat junkyard later this month; they might have something there.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”