Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Wiper motor replacement 2800 Martinique

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
joepassion
Vessel Info: 2003 Martinque 2800 Twin V-6 Volvo's

Wiper motor replacement 2800 Martinique

Postby joepassion » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Trying to figure out how to get wiper motor out of the cabin..opened access area,removed all screws holding motor in...BUT not enough clearance to drop motor out..Blade assembly has been removed, shaft that hold blade sticks up 1 1/2inches..no way it will come out..Wondering if maybe shaft comes off from topside.
Joe

Wess
Vessel Info: 2002 Martinique 3300

Re: Wiper motor replacement 2800 Martinique

Postby Wess » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:19 pm

I have a 2002,3300 Martinique and have to replace mine. I have two of them and access is in the cabin. I have to remove ceiling access which is Velcro in. Have you found a supplier for the motor? I was looking at a Marinco model #38001. I called the original manufacturers of the motor who are still in business but they want additional pics of the motor even though I gave them their own manufacturer model # which was on it. I haven't tried to remove it yet, that is my next step. I wouldn't think the shaft comes out.

Wess
Vessel Info: 2002 Martinique 3300

Postby Wess » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:41 pm

I just replaced mine after finding out which motor I needed. The motor is attached to a mount. The mount is held in place by a rail that is attached to the body of the boat. You should see some screws holding the rail, undo them enough to get the motor end of the rail down. Now you can get access to the screws and bolts holding the motor, there should be 2 of them. The screws have an allen head, they are threaded into the mount, as well as the nuts that have to be unscrewed from them. The motor and mount will come out together. The motor model to replace with is an H131.

pf032562
Vessel Info: 2001 Wellcraft Martinique 3300

Postby pf032562 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:16 am

Hi there... I am a 2001 martinique 3300 owner who replaced the wiper motor last year. www.wiperparts.com has what you need. To access the motor you have to remove the companionway trim and remove the staples in the headliner that the molding had covered. You can access the motor from the space that you open up but be careful when removing the staples and to not tear the head liner. My present problem is now I need to replace the mandrills for the wiper arms. They are frozen. These will require much more of the headline to be removed.

pf032562

Postby pf032562 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:24 am

I found that the motors worm drive got worn out because of trying to operate the wipers with the walkthrough window open. The wiper gets trapped under the window and actually eventually ruins the worm drive.

pf032562

Postby pf032562 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:37 am

update: Replacing the stud side motor and mandril, (pivot shaft) required removing the headliner all the way around the head to the starboard cabinets. It was a job that I didn't feel comfortable being able to get the head liner back up clean, so I hired an upholstery guy to remove it and reinstall it.... it cost me $150 to have that done... it was well worth it.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”