Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

where is everybody

It's time to kick back with a cool one at the Sand Bar and talk about something else for a while! This forum is for all non-boating related discussions. NO POLITICS! The general forum rules apply, so don't co crazy :-)

Topic author
mikem8560
Vessel Info: 95 coastal 2600

Re: where is everybody

Postby mikem8560 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:53 pm

I xhexk it about once a week also. my boating is on hold for a bit after buying the coastal last year I was in the hospital but more importantly the road by my house is being expanded to a parkway for for better hurricane evacuation traffic flowr . and 3 bridges over the canals are being rebuilt and higher. with my boat I can get under the bridge on my canal at a lower tide but I cant get on the lift till the tide comes up. so it takes timing to go out so ive been waiting for my bridge to come down this spring. in the meant time I picked up a second boat last week. I realy wasn't planning to but I found one at the price I just couldn't pass on a 99 crownline deck boat, it need all new upholstery and foam but that my business to it made for a good deal heck id reupholster anyway .
so this week ive been buffing and removing the seats.Image

lfivenson
Vessel Info: 2001 Wellcraft Martinique 2600
5.7L Mercruiser 250, Bravo 3
Traverse City, Michigan

Postby lfivenson » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:38 pm

I imagine this will be more active once Spring rolls around, I'm trying not to think about boating (don't want to get bummed out when it's so far off). With my boat under 2 feet of snow, it's not really top of mind right now.

Riverboatin
Vessel Info: 94 Wellcraft Martinique 3200
Twin Crusader XL 350s

Postby Riverboatin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:43 pm

what goodday said... My boat is up on blocks all shrink wrapped for winter... sigh!! trust me you will a be sick and tired of me and my family our boat!!! HA!
I think i can now work her( the boat ) into any conversation. :-) Plus I am still having a hard time with photos! Oh well I will keep working on it!

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Postby goodday » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Spring is coming, seen some robins and seen 1 pull a fishing worm out of the grass here in NW Oh.. we've been shy on snow this yr. sorry Ifivenson to read of 2ft. snow cover.

Gran Finale
Vessel Info: 1988 34' Gran Sport, 7.4 (454) Crusaders 600 hours.

Postby Gran Finale » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:14 pm

I have wondered the same thing for a couple of years now. A little history on my boating over the years. I have had boats for 35 years now: 8 in total; 5 Chris Crafts, 1 Sea Ray 38 Sundancer; And the same Wellcraft Gran Sport TWICE. One may ask why the same boat twice and I can only answer because she is the most versatile, comfortable, economical, fun to drive boat that i have owned. i sold her to buy the Sundancer, which was a good boat but i found her harder to handle in close quarters than the Wellcraft. I sold the Sundancer because of that and was bored to death for three years, including the last two years of Covid lock down in Canada. I still spent many hour on line looking at boats, until one day i saw my old Wellcraft boat listed! i dragged my wife out to look at her, and was aghast at how bad she looked! I was so sorry for her that I bought her back again from the people I had sold her too! i have spent the last two years redoing the interior and aft deck, canvass and various scrapes and bumps. She is beautiful again! i wish more people would post their stories on the this forum to increase the enthusiasm for Wellcraft boats! in many cases the acquisition phase of boat buying is often as interesting as the ownership stage.

Lindy08
Vessel Info: 1995 Wellcraft Eclipse 196 SS
Port of Effingham

Postby Lindy08 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:33 pm

First day here! looking forward to some info!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Sand Bar”