Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Coastal 232 Bow Eye

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
Geeman
Vessel Info: Wellcraft Coastal 232

Coastal 232 Bow Eye

Postby Geeman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:58 pm

Hi... I have a 2006 Wellcraft Coastal 232. I need to replace the bow eye but can’t seem to find anything quite the right size. Does anyone know the manufacturer of the original bow eye? Thanks in advance for your help!

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250

Re: Coastal 232 Bow Eye

Postby CptBill » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:03 pm

Since Wellcraft went out of business on 2008 all of there product information seems to have disappeared with them, the best thing to do now is to pull the bow eye off and start trying to match it up with something. The people who make glasstron boats bought the wellcraft name but nothing else those of us with pre 2008 boats have a ruff time finding parts
The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun!

Topic author
Geeman
Vessel Info: Wellcraft Coastal 232

Postby Geeman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:43 am

Thanks CptBill... I’m in New Zealand which makes sourcing suitable hardware a bit more difficult. Nothing locally available is large enough. I’ve removed the original 1/2” bow eye and it’s no problem finding a replacement the same thickness of a suitable length, but the ctr spacing of 2” is almost impossible. I’ve ordered an Epco one with 1 7/8” ctr and will make it work...

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250

Postby CptBill » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:02 pm

That's good, With pre 2008 boats you need to be creative
The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun!

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”