Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Hatch Gaskets

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Topic author
Gran Finale
Vessel Info: 1988 34' Gran Sport, 7.4 (454) Crusaders 600 hours.

Hatch Gaskets

Postby Gran Finale » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 am

Does anyone know where to buy Bomar hatch gaskets for a 1988 34' Gran Sport? Bomar Pompanette doesn't seem to answer their phone?

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: Hatch Gaskets

Postby Billm » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:59 am

I think you have 190 series cast hatches. They are still in production. The Bomar catalogue says to use 9/16” round gasket. It is readily available on most internet boating stores. Some places sell it by the foot. I bought some and for me, it seemed too thick to fit in the groove. I used it anyway and it leaked slightly during a torrential rain. So I didn’t change out the other hatch. They also make it in 1/2” width. But I didn’t try it. So I cannot comment on whether that would be better. Maybe back in 1988, they used the 1/2” width or maybe it shriveled up over time. Try pulling out a little bit and see what you think.

My advice is if it doesn’t leak now, leave it alone.

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”