Page 1 of 1

Generator wiring pre/wired

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:49 pm
by skidoo bob
Hi I just installed a generator in my 1989 gran sport it never had a generator from the factory today I removed my breaker panel cover and found 2 bundles of 10 3 wire behind all the breakers not hooked to anything I followed the wires and they run into the engine room forward of the engines across the firewall from port to starboard threw a 4”pvc pipe then behind the fuel tank then run foward at this point there is no slack in the wires neither of these wires is not the a/c my question is do they pre wire these boats for a generator thanks

Re: Generator wiring pre/wired

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:49 pm
by CptBill
It's entirely possible, I know some boats where pre wired for hot water tanks, and some for A/C so why not a genset. Either way it sure makes it easier for you now