Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old Chargers , AGM batteries wer

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
geconomo
Vessel Info: 2004 ,330 wellcraft Coastal twin diesels (re powered from v8 gas engines)

Old Chargers , AGM batteries wer

Postby geconomo » Thu May 07, 2020 11:33 am

I am planning to change my batteries from the led flooded ones to AGM type . In my 330 coastal I use a 4 battery system with an old Promariner charger with a 3 bank supply . The electrician from told me that I could use the current charger with AGM batteries as long as the charger doesnot go to equalization phase with the AGM batteries . To make things more complicated if I choose to choose to change the charger to a lets say Minkota precision 460 I have to deal with the differences in Voltage shore supply in EU marinas versus US shore supply . Any ideas? should I stick with the old type ones? And finally Does any owner of a similar boat has any manual of the old promariner Charger (110volt 30 amp)?

Return to “Electrical”