Old Chargers , AGM batteries wer
Posted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:33 am
I am planning to change my batteries from the led flooded ones to AGM type . In my 330 coastal I use a 4 battery system with an old Promariner charger with a 3 bank supply . The electrician from told me that I could use the current charger with AGM batteries as long as the charger doesnot go to equalization phase with the AGM batteries . To make things more complicated if I choose to choose to change the charger to a lets say Minkota precision 460 I have to deal with the differences in Voltage shore supply in EU marinas versus US shore supply . Any ideas? should I stick with the old type ones? And finally Does any owner of a similar boat has any manual of the old promariner Charger (110volt 30 amp)?