Page 1 of 1

02 Martinique 3300 Electrical Problem

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:02 pm
by Wess
I have a 2002 Wellcraft Martinique 3300. I just noticed that the bottom 1/2 of my helm rocker panel switches were not working. I checked the push in breakers going to the switches, all are pushed in. I also checked the ground bar in the helm, sprayed CRC on it and insured that all the lugs, screws were tight. I looked at the back of the fuse panel. I believe a positive lead comes in and the positive power then jumps all the breakers, correct me if I'm wrong. All the wires are properly connected to the back of the breakers. I also insured that the breakers at the main battery switches are engaged. The big problem is that one of the helm switches that raises the engine compartment floor is one of the switches that is inop. I probably am going to have to jumper it some how to get to the batteries and engine compartment. I'm looking for a schematic that is specific to my boat. Thanks!

Re: 02 Martinique 3300 Electrical Problem

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:34 pm
by CptBill
Try tracing the power feed back to its source, it will probably go to another beaker in the engine labeled "Helm". Also does that row of switches have one power feed then jump switch to switch or does each switch have its own power feed coming of the bus bar, if it's one power feed then try by passing that switch

Re: 02 Martinique 3300 Electrical Problem

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:37 am
by Wess
It appears that each switch is independently powered from each individual push breaker in the helm. I see a larger power wire going to the breakers and that appears to have power jumping breaker to breaker. I will get my light out and check connections. THANKS for the reply! I have been working 12s so it's hard to get on this task.

Re: 02 Martinique 3300 Electrical Problem

Posted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:08 pm
by CptBill
Good Luck :up:

Re: 02 Martinique 3300 Electrical Problem

Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 pm
by Wess
Found the problem, one of the + wires on a breaker became disconnected. I reconnected it and everything works. The wire provides power to the individual breaker and then jumps the next breaker and so on. Thanks for your posts!

Re: 02 Martinique 3300 Electrical Problem

Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:30 pm
by CptBill
Electrical systems on boats always such to trouble shoot because no to are wired exactly the same, glade you found it! :clap: