Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Warning light problem

Discussion of batteries, chargers, wiring, generators, distribution panels, battery switches, etc.

Topic author
Deckhand
Vessel Info: 2002 Wellcraft 3300 Martinique powered by 2 Volvo Penta 8.1 GI V-drives

Warning light problem

Postby Deckhand » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 am

I bought a 2002 Wellcraft 3300 Martinique with Volvo Penta 8.1 GI V-drive engines which are based on the GM 8.1 L engine. I found what looks like 2 thermal switches behind both engines which are not connected. They all have adhesive residue on them and were obviously used on the engine given their location. I believe they are for the alarm lights and audible alarm on the instrument panel. It has the following lights Port exhaust temp., Stbd exhaust temp., Oil pressure and Water Temp warning lights. Can anyone confirm that I'm right? Also, where on the engine should they go, type of adhesive to use and how can I test them? The engines were rebuilt and painted by the previous owner so there are no markings as to were they went.

Thanks for any thoughts you may having in advance.
Deckhand

mabuck2003
Vessel Info: 1988 Wellcraft Nova 23XL

Re: Warning light problem

Postby mabuck2003 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:34 am

Hi there Deckhand, did you get any results with your research? I am struggling finding info for an 88 Nova, sounds pretty similar to your scenario. Thanks

Return to “Electrical”