Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

new boater

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
blunt

new boater

Postby blunt » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:02 pm

hello all!
so I bought a 1995 well craft excel 19SL w/cuddy, pretty decent condition but a few questions, I tested out another similar boat open bow two weeks ago, noticed when engine started when pushing the throttling forward in both there is a thump, is that normal and also I have a bimini cover but want to get a full plastic cover to enclose the whole cabin, what is the name of the plastic enclosure for ordering purposes?? thanks!

also if I want to use this through the winter season from time to time, should it be winterized anyway up here in the pacific NW seattle area?

goodday
Vessel Info: 1999 2600 Mart. 5.7 bravo3

Re: new boater

Postby goodday » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:37 pm

If it’s an Alpha drive they do have an engagement clunk into gear, but how bad? For your enclosure I would for that would be 20 ga marine vinyl, it’s pretty clear , as 30 is not as clear looking through, unless you get Eisenglass which is marine but dbl.polished at more money

LMK
Vessel Info: 2003 270 Coastal
Twin 225 Yamaha

Re: new boater

Postby LMK » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:29 pm

I would winterize

Return to “General Boating Discussion”