Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

290 Coastal Wiper Motor Replacement

This is a place for general Wellcraft Boats discussions.

Topic author
DJDaveX
Vessel Info: 2006 Wellcraft 290 Coastal

290 Coastal Wiper Motor Replacement

Postby DJDaveX » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:21 pm

Has anyone ever changed or heard of anyone that might’ve change the wiper motors on a 290 Coastal? It appears that the motors are behind the headliner and and can’t find any screws or clips holding it in place. In other words, I have no idea on how to remove the headliner on my 2006 290 Coastal in order to replace my wiper motors. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Re: 290 Coastal Wiper Motor Replacement

Postby CptBill » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:05 am

Try taking the nut off of the stud sticking up where the wiper arm attaches
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:27 am

Well, I think your only option is to cut a slit in the headliner and then neatly patch with matching vinyl or sew in zippers like I have.

But now I have a question for you. I find it odd that both motors need to be replaced on a 2006 boat. 90% of electrical issues are corrosion. Before you make any cuts, make sure it is not the switch or fuse. If you access the wires going to the motors, see if 12v is present. One wire may be for “wiper park”.

CptBill
Vessel Info: Jester Toy
2002 270 Coastal, Twin Yamaha 4 stroke 250
330Larson Cabrio twin 5.7l EFI V.P duo props
2760 Regal commodore
40' pacemaker flush deck
2855 Bayliner, 25' Marathon aft cabin

Postby CptBill » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:11 pm

Good point!, I've had several that had the terminals corroded off
Never Ever Ever do anything that test your wife's memory :captain:

Topic author
DJDaveX
Vessel Info: 2006 Wellcraft 290 Coastal

Postby DJDaveX » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:03 pm

Billm wrote:Source of the post Well, I think your only option is to cut a slit in the headliner and then neatly patch with matching vinyl or sew in zippers like I have.

But now I have a question for you. I find it odd that both motors need to be replaced on a 2006 boat. 90% of electrical issues are corrosion. Before you make any cuts, make sure it is not the switch or fuse. If you access the wires going to the motors, see if 12v is present. One wire may be for “wiper park”.

Port went out first, then a year later Starboard went out. Troubleshooting done already. I would just hate to cut into the vinyl which is in like new condition.

Return to “Wellcraft Boats Forum”