Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

First post

Are you a new member? Stop in and say hi!

Topic author
Fo Reelz
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 1:37 am
Vessel Info: 1998 260 with 7.4 liter mpi

First post

Postby Fo Reelz » Mon May 22, 2017 1:49 am

Hello all,
I just purchased a gently used 1998 260se with the 7.4 liter. 200 hours and looks nearly new. I have a couple questions for you all. First, does anyone know the mpg or gph for this boat? 2nd, does anyone know if I can mount some rod holders to the radar arch on this boat?
Thanks,


fmlong37
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 pm
Vessel Info: 1998 Wellcraft 260SE - 7.4L big block 454, windless anchor and remote spot, extended swim platform

Re: First post

Postby fmlong37 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:25 pm

Looks like we got the same boat around the same time. No idea about the MPG but they push a lot of water and after a summer using it, I think a tank went a long way for how much I used it. One month I got through the whole month on a tank but the following it seemed to half that with similar use. Ive thought about putting rocket launchers on the arch and as I use the boat more I feel more willing to have it mounted. Im going to have someone check it out but I think theyll do the same thing as me... give it a good shake, bite their lip and say 'why not'. Im not a full out troller though so my use would be just to have my many rigs at the ready and, if I do have line in the water, appropriate drag to keep tension on fish, not my arch.

Return to “Introduce Yourself!”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests