Page 1 of 1
New boat buyer
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:11 pm
by Varey78
I am looking at buying my first cruiser boat. I have found a 2000 2600 wellandcraft with a 5.7 Volvo. Any info on this boat would be greatly appreciated.
Re: New boat buyer
Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:40 pm
by goodday
I've used mine for cruising and fishing, seating layout nice, dn. below is sufficant, I've had mine for 7 yrs.,spent many nights on it, make sure the mtr. stringers are solid,. You'll enjoy it. anything else specific?
Re: New boat buyer
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:29 am
by Varey78
Thanks for the info. How does it handle in 1 meter waves? Are there any other problem areas I should look for?
Re: New boat buyer
Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:44 pm
by goodday
You can motor through,say at 12 to 15 knots, not at cruise speed, 1/2 meter wave and below boat will do perfect, stringers,should be solid and not stress cracked, and transom,maybe have someone look at it, motor /outdr.ck. out, hows your canvas? that's a few thous., if looking at a replacement, good luck, its a boat