Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SeaDek on the Non-Skid Wellcraft 252 coastal

If you have a project idea or a completed one you would like to show off (major or minor), share it with the rest of us!

Topic author
MattMan
Vessel Info: 2004 Wellcraft Coastal 252 - Yamaha HPDI 250

SeaDek on the Non-Skid Wellcraft 252 coastal

Postby MattMan » Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 pm

So I got really tired of cleaning the non-skid. After a few seasons on your hands and knees scrubbing non-skid...you almost want to rip it off the boat. I wanted to add something that was aesthetically pleasing, and functional. Also, after a back surgery that back fatigue from standing on hard fiber glass, makes you want to put a helm pad or something on.

I opted to add SeaDek to the vessel. I called their customer support, to check if there was a CAD file done previously on the 252 coastal. The boat is essentially the same from 2004+ to 2016...sadly no one had done SeaDek, so I had to order their template kit, and mylar plastic sheets to draw the patterns. The cost of the kit is cheap, and goes off your final order if you decide to purchase.

The Kit is shipped back to their factory in Rockledge FL...where they convert your pattern to a CAD file and send you back a final template. The first go around were a few errors, that I had to correct on their drawings...which was finally CAD finalized. They gave me a quote which I approved and they began production.

I opted to do the Titanium Grey Faux Teak on the main deck, and the wood Faux teak in the cabin. They turn around time was about 2 weeks. The Kit arrived and I dry fit the pieces for accuracy. You clean the deck with a wax grease remover or Windex and lay down the pieces. Razor cutting the backing and working from the middle out. I was very meticulous with the edges for proper placement. This is a 3M pressure activated backing, so when it goes down it stays down!

I think it holds up pretty well, still looks new. I will say, that you MUST be very protective about letting people on your boat with shoes. If someone brings in road tar, or debris it will get in the material and hard to remove. Also take care to cover with plastic when you are working on projects. The material is not impervious to grease and other contaminants.

Other than that, very happy!

1.jpg
2 (1).jpg
4 (2).jpg
10_11 (2).jpg
12 (2).jpg
14 (1).jpg
15 (2).jpg
16.jpg
18 (2).jpg
19 (2).jpg
20 (1).jpg

WP_20150630_001.jpg
WP_20150630_002.jpg
WP_20150630_004.jpg
WP_20150702_001.jpg
WP_20150702_002.jpg
WP_20150702_003.jpg
WP_20150702_004.jpg
WP_20150702_008.jpg
WP_20150702_009.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt
Spectrum Laser Lights Customer Care
www.SpectrumLaserLights.com
Christmas & Holiday, Wedding & Events High Definition Laser Lights

True Story
Vessel Info: 2005 Wellcraft Coastal 252

Re: SeaDek on the Non-Skid Wellcraft 252 coastal

Postby True Story » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:21 am

Fantastic job Mattman. I have a 2005 and would like to at least do my cabin. Looking at your picks convinced me to get a hold of Seadek and order the kit. Thanks for the inspiration.

Topic author
MattMan

Postby MattMan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Hello True Story, Thank you very much. So I put in an email to Paige my contact @ SeadDek for the CAD file #. As soon as they get back with me, I can fwd to you, and see if they will give you good pricing.

Thanks!
Matt

Topic author
MattMan

Postby MattMan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:39 pm

The drawing numbers from your order are: M-WLC-19370-80066 & M-WLC-19369-80093

If you can email me or PM me directly, I can put you in touch with the person you need to speak with @ SeaDek customer care.
Matt

Return to “The Project Center”