Page 1 of 1

290 Coastal Cabin Door/Hatch Leak

Posted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:06 pm
by WernerPerry
I've been trying to fix a leak in my 1999 Coastal 290s cabin door/hatch but I haven't had any luck finding replacement weather stripping. Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on some? I've tried searching on line, but I have been able to find an exact match. I've included a pic of the current weather stripping, as you can see this might be the reason for the leak. The total height is about 3/8" and the bulb is maybe 1/8". The track is probably 1/4" deep. Thanks!

Re: 290 Coastal Cabin Door/Hatch Leak

Posted: Tue May 26, 2020 3:16 pm
by CptBill
You might try and look through the McMaster - Carr catalogue they have a lot of that kind of stuff, also you can some times find it at Great Lakes Skipper

Re: 290 Coastal Cabin Door/Hatch Leak

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:37 pm
by WernerPerry
I finally found some, it's called "Window Kerf Bulb Weatherstrip Mount Slot Seal" available on Amazon naturally.

https://www.amazon.com/Window-Weatherst ... TZLL1?th=1

Re: 290 Coastal Cabin Door/Hatch Leak

Posted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:19 pm
by CptBill
Glade you found it though I must say I've never seen any thing like that before