Page 1 of 1

210 WASHDOWN / LIVEWELL COMBINATION PUMP

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:09 pm
by lepetitbaigneur
Good day everyone,

I am a proud owner of a 2001, 210 fisherman and i have this question. This boat has a livewell pump that is also used for wash down accessory. The discharge side of the pump connects to some sort of a 3-way fix component that distribute the water to the livewell and to the wash down hose. Does anyone knows about this setup and how this 3-way component works. At this time, the water is not going through that silver colored aluminium component. Is it possible that the 3 hoses are not connected in their correct connection on that component?

Thanks
lepetitbaigneur

Re: 210 WASHDOWN / LIVEWELL COMBINATION PUMP

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:54 pm
by CptBill
My 270 Coastal has the same set up, You have to turn the leaver on the valve to the position you want. Say if you wanted to use the wash down while you were using your live well, turn the switch off, turn the valve use the wash down then reverse the procedure. if you don't have water the you need to look at the pump, switch or the valve. If you have separate switches for the live well and the wash down it's possible that the " Y" vale is electrically switched I'm not sure if Wellcraft ever used that but anything is possible

Re: 210 WASHDOWN / LIVEWELL COMBINATION PUMP

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:42 am
by Uncfuz
I had a question about this setup as well. I have a 1991 236 coastal. I have a valve in the transom that says wash down and live well so you can choose which one you want to operate. I looked further back to find a Jabsco 4.0 12v wash down pump feeds that valve. So it seems simple that the pump feeds both just choose which you want to operate.If I go further back I see the feed line is connected to a shut off valve connected to a clam shell on the hull to pick up the water. I do need to replace the pump and when I looked into a new pump I see some actually state that wash down pumps have a 30 minute duty cycle and are not supposed to be run continuous. When I was on the Jabsco website it showed to install it for wash down and live well to use a rule live well pump with dual outlets directly connected to the clam shell shut off valve. To run one line to the live well and the other to the wash down pump. Well if I do that it is two separate units and the transom valve is useless. I would also assume I would need to operate the live well to use my wash down. If the pumps not on water shouldn't pass through. I would just replace the Jabsco pump and operate it with the transom selector valve but concerned if I will burn it up if I run the live well constantly. I know some bait does not require constant circulation but I know here we have thread fins or greenbacks as people call them and if the waters not running they die. Is what I have the original set up or someones way of going cheap to use one pump and not how it should be done?