Welcome to Wellcraft Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Wellcraft Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Wellcraft Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Wellcraft or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on WellcraftBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Cabin door lock

Anything related to the operation of your boat. Steering, Bilge Pumps, thru-hulls, bottom paint, etc.

Topic author
dekay
Vessel Info: Wellcraft Eclipse 233 - 89
Mercruiser 357 MAG, Bravo 1X

Cabin door lock

Postby dekay » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:14 am

Hi, I recently bought this boat and now i'm trying to fix some minor issues.
One of them is that there is no lock on the door, and it causes alot of vibrations when running at cruise speed.

I only have two holes and no idea what kind of lock was here in the first place, can anyone tell me what to get?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wellcraft Eclipse 233 -89

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Re: Cabin door lock

Postby Billm » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:03 am

It looks like the same lock I have. This key lock is readily available. It is made by Hafele America and is called “sliding door lock for glass sliding doors”. It consists of a circular base with keyhole that fits in the hole you have in the door and a key with pin tumblers. The pin tumbler stays in the keyhole when the door is locked and stays with the key when unlocked. The pin will go into the small hole in the bulkhead. You may need to get some metric flat head screws slightly longer than what they provide if your door is thicker. I also had to enlarge the hole in the bulkhead that the pin fits into when the door is locked. It is not very expensive.

Topic author
dekay
Vessel Info: Wellcraft Eclipse 233 - 89

Postby dekay » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:11 am

Billm wrote:Source of the post It looks like the same lock I have. This key lock is readily available. It is made by Hafele America and is called “sliding door lock for glass sliding doors”. It consists of a circular base with keyhole that fits in the hole you have in the door and a key with pin tumblers. The pin tumbler stays in the keyhole when the door is locked and stays with the key when unlocked. The pin will go into the small hole in the bulkhead. You may need to get some metric flat head screws slightly longer than what they provide if your door is thicker. I also had to enlarge the hole in the bulkhead that the pin fits into when the door is locked. It is not very expensive.

I can't seem to find one that matches your description, they have tons of locks, is there any way you could show me a picture? My google skills may be lacking
Wellcraft Eclipse 233 -89

Billm
Vessel Info: 87 st.tropez

Postby Billm » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:27 pm

Hafele 223.22.207 or if you want more than 2 keys then get Hafele 223.22.217 as they are keyed alike. About $10 each from The Builders Supply. I needed extra keys for my kids as there is little or no chance of having them made. So I got several of the latter. I also needed longer screws as my cabin door is thicker. They are size M3.

Return to “General Repairs & Maintenance”