Page 1 of 1

94 Scaraba 29 w 502 doesn't crank hot

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:11 pm
by scarab29
My 94 Scarab 29 with a stock 502 cdi doesn’t want to crank when the engine is hot and I stop for a few minutes and try to start it on one battery. If I switch to both batteries it will crank and start. If I try to start the engine hot immediately after stopping, it will crank on one battery and start easily. If I let it cool (about an hour or more) it will crank and start easily. If I haven’t started the engine in months it will crank slowly on the same battery and eventually start. I’ve also had the starter fail on me once the old starter had the same symptom.
Any ideas are appreciated

Re: 94 Scaraba 29 w 502 doesn't crank hot

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:50 am
by A1251
Gotta be timing or the starter itself, since its happened before its probably the starter again.

Re: 94 Scaraba 29 w 502 doesn't crank hot

Posted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:03 pm
by goodday
Have the batteries load tested, sometimes a bad cell in a battery will act weird with symptoms as you describe, ck. your battery grds on eng.